The Importance of Praying for Our Nation
Prayer has always been an essential part of our spiritual growth and cultivating a relationship with God. It’s truly amazing if we can pray for ourselves, our friends, and our family, but we also need to look at the bigger picture of life and pray for our nation and the world’s nations.
Praying for the country where you live is vital for the well-being of the nation, its people, and its leaders. There are significant impacts if we pray for our nation: freedom in worship, an improved economy, liberation from slavery, terrorism, corruption, and violence.
PRACTICAL STEPS IN PRAYING FOR A NATION
- Setting a Prayer Schedule
Establishing a prayer schedule is the best way to ensure that you consistently pray for your country. I recommend setting aside a specific time every day for prayer. It could be in the morning, during lunch, or before bed. Consistency is key when it comes to prayer, so find the time that suits you best and commit to it.
- Include Some Key Elements in Prayer
When praying for a nation, it is important to include key elements. These elements include:
– Praying for repentance from the nation’s sins.
– Praying for the leaders
– Praying for righteous leaders to be raised or elected.
- Prayer Topics
When praying for a nation, several topics should be included in your prayer, and they include:
– Unity: Pray for unity among the citizens and leaders of the nation.
– Justice: Pray for justice to be upheld in this country.
– Peace: Pray for peace to rule in this country.
– Prosperity: Pray for the prosperity of the nation and its citizens.
– Protection: Pray for the protection of the nation and its citizens.
– Revival: Pray for a spiritual awakening in this country.
– Honor: Pray for a nation that honors God.
– Truth: Pray for a country that is led by and will turn back to truth.
– Freedom: Pray for freedom so the Gospel can be shared freely and believers can worship in spirit and truth.
Let’s participate in praying for our nation, our cities, and the land where God has placed us.
Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”-Jeremiah 29:7 NIV-
Source : Ps. Dave Rustanto (Global Prayer Coordinator)